Dr. Benjamin Dehner joined the Nashville community in 2010 after spending more than a decade in Cincinnati, Ohio. A native of northern Ohio, Dr. Dehner received his B.S. in Biology from Xavier University in 2001, then continued his education at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. That’s where he became interested in the field of urology, especially the innovations in technology and robotic surgery. After graduating from medical school in 2005, he stayed at the University of Cincinnati to complete his surgical and urologic training.
Dr. Dehner is Chief of Urology at St. Thomas West Hospital and is the Chair of the Robotic Committee. He also serves as a proctor for Intuitive Surgical to instruct other urologists how to perform robotic surgery.
Dr. Dehner is married with three children. In his (little) spare time, he enjoys running and biking, as well as cooking. He has a special interest in international health care, having spent time exchanging ideas and operating in the Chinese cities of Hangzhou and Zhengzhou.
Dr. Dehner runs a medical website through which urologic conditions are reviewed with free access at www.theroboticurologist.com
Education and Training
- B.S. – Xavier University, Cincinnati Ohio, Scholar Program, graduated Magna Cum Laude
- M.D. – University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- General Surgery – University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Urologic Surgery – University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- American Board of Urology certified 2013
Special Medical Interests
- Comprehensive Urologic Care including kidney stone therapy and vasectomy
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery, including prostatectomy, radical and partial nephrectomy, ureteral reconstruction, and cystectomy
- Urolift surgery for urinary difficulties in men.
- Rezum surgery for BPH and urinary symptoms.
- Greenlight transurethral resection of the prostate for BPH
- Minimally Invasive Focal Therapy, including Cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney
- Male and Female Incontinence with surgical sling and artificial sphincter creation
- Erectile Dysfunction including penile prosthesis implantation
- Hypogonadism and testosterone replacement including injection therapy, Aveed, and Testopel