Dr. Joe Pazona joins the Nashville medical community after eight years of practice in the Pacific Northwest in Wenatchee, Washington and three years leading the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) / Baptist South Multispecialty clinic in Montgomery, Alabama. A native of Suffern, New York, Dr. Pazona was admitted to the Honors Program in Medical Education and received his B.A. in Psychology from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. He then went on to complete his medical degree at the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University in 2002. Dr. Pazona remained at Northwestern to complete his urology residency. As a resident, Dr. Pazona was honored with the Vincent J. O’Connor Award for excellence in teaching of medical students and residents in both 2005 and 2007.
Dr. Pazona enjoys an active lifestyle of running, hiking, traveling and spending time with his three children.
Education and Training
- A. Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- D. Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
- Urology Residency, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
- Board Certification, American Board of Urology, 2010
- Active medical licenses in Tennessee and Alabama
Special Medical Interests
- No needle, no scalpel vasectomy
- Robotic surgery for prostate and kidney cancers
- Robotic reconstruction of the urinary tract
- Sacral neuromodulation for overactive bladder (InterStim)
- Urolift procedure for enlarged prostate
- ESWL (Shockwave) and laser lithotripsy for kidney stones
- Erectile dysfunction